Saturday, March 24, 2012

March Adventures


:: I've been wanting to hit publish on this post all week but a teething baby and toilet training toddler plus colds that hit all of us kind of took priority and that's what my life looks like right now. =) Enjoy this retrospective look at last week's adventures!::

 
We had a marvelous set of adventures last week, my little family and I. There were lots of firsts like our first all girl road trip which wasn't as glamorous as it sounds. Perhaps when the girls are out of car seats it'll be a different story but we made memories by stopping and visiting my newest less-then-a-week-old nephew and finding a playground when Khaira needed to be fed and Kilmeny needed to run and meeting my brother at Starbucks when I needed some coffee.


Kilmeny is absolutely enthralled by all the animals my parents have, she's quite happy to visit the cows and chickens multiple times each day. 





There was my first big job of catering an event for 150 people and not having Jared there right at first to calm me. 
There was cousin time and sister time. And copious cups of coffee and tea and sampling of all the baked goods. I was gutsy and tried several new recipes which were a hit. There was hockey watching and immense cheering and I was so proud of my brothers in law for winning the hockey tournament with great sportsmanship.
 


There was tons of food bought, prepared, and eaten. There were snippets of conversation held between busy kitchen times. 
There was lots of Nana time for my little girl. There were late nights and long days. And more coffee. 




 There was time with family but never enough time. And trying to capture the cuteness of the little ones without all the pictures being blurry.


  And there was a drive home again, fueled by coffee, music, and good conversation. 






6 comments:

  1. awesome!!!! Good for you, and it looks like a great whirlwind trip!!!! remind me next time we see each other (which yes, should be soon!)about the time my sister and I attempted a road trip with our babies....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that does sound like a story I want to hear! =) I'll message you about getting together, this week? Next week? =)

      Delete
  2. SO proud of you for launching out so bravely with new recipes and cooking for SO many people. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So the picture of little Kilmeny being "absolutely enthralled by all the animals" is one of the cutest pictures ever!!! So so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it though?! I love everything about it, it makes me happy! Glad you like it too. =)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...