Friday, April 15, 2011

a bit of girl time

I ignored them all. The piles of clothes waiting for a dresser, the bins of just stuff that we've collected and need to go through, the nagging thoughts and worry.
My little girl was restless. I was restless and she took her cue from me. So we did something together. Something we've been doing since she was five months old. 
We had a little girl time.


I cut her toenails, pausing often to tickle the little baby feet while she held the nail polish. She got a huge grin on her face as the first streak of pink went across her toes. 

"Pretty, pretty." 

I spread pink across her ten little toes. And then she watched while I painted my own toes, ever eager to hold the brush herself. 

Our toes were pink and pretty. We read Pooh Bear stories while they dried in the sunlight. And it brought splashes of color to a spring snowstorm.


4 comments:

  1. Sweet! I'm just about to give myself the first toenail polish of the season! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's so cute! Good choice... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, Breanne, as always. It takes effort to see beyond, to see within; it takes a trust that requires fighting for. It takes hope from God. It's poking through the snow, and is smiling at the sun, spreading hands in a happy dance of spring. Thanks for pushing through, and writing about it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...