Thursday, June 24, 2010

making it beautiful 

I read how at the top of every to-do list she makes, Martha Stewart first writes 'make it beautiful'. That thought has stuck with me and inspired me. It's an easy enough thing to do. 
Straighten the couch cushions as I walk through the living room, put the clothes away, keep the dishes washed, the flowers fresh and the candles lit. 
So simple. 
Keep the conversation loving. Sprinkle nutmeg on top of vanilla milkshakes. Play music. Kiss the baby. Go running at 10 pm. Chase each other around the playground. 


Jared is a huge inspiration to me in making life beautiful. We spent a few lovely hours together this afternoon making our life beautiful. We looked through oodles of pictures (do you know how many pictures there are when your husband is a photographer? Lots. And lots), talked about the memories from the pictures and the people we want to give pictures too and he created the amazing header for my blog. Isn't it marvelous? 
I love it. 

I had asked him if he would create such a header for me, sometime. He's pretty busy these days with music but we make the most of the moments we have. He had a few hours this afternoon after a concerto competition this am and a get together this pm. So we created the header in those moments. Rather he created it, I gave my opinion. I had an idea of what I wanted the pictures to be but didn't know what pictures so we looked through folder after folder until we found the perfect ones. 

It's been that sort of day, enjoying the simple gifts of each other's company, creating a new (and fabulous)
lunch, perusing a magazine, sorting pictures, and drinking lots of iced tea. And now it's the twilight hour and the house is quiet. The evening full with the possibility of getting Lots accomplished. So many ideas to share with you, so many projects to work on, so many relationships to invest in. I am blessed. 





photo: twilight in Wellington, NZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...