Friday, October 19, 2012

How to Dress: Style Inspiration from the Little Ones for the Big People



1. Always have a great jacket. 
It can be thrown over whatever else you're wearing, especially if it's running errands, and can make the simplest of outfits feel pull together.


2. Cute shoes
Always have a pair of cute shoes to go with your great jacket. The accessories can often make an outfit and don't require a huge closet or budget. Color pop, fashion trends, and seasonal statements are all easily achieved with what you're wearing on your shoes. Think ballet flats, boots, and red heels. 



3. Never underestimate a good hat. 
It can be a blah day, no time for a shower day, or changes in humidity. Choose a hat you like and looks good on you and don't be afraid to wear it! The British do it all the time and look fabulous. 



4. Go for a co-ordinated look. 
Jeans, hoodie, and runners can look super cute, sporty, and practical. For those days when you just need to wear something or you're outdoors or need some more practical clothes. Wear them and wear them on purpose. Throw your hair up in a ponytail, add a splash of color with a headband and go rock the playground/library/grocery store with a spring in your step. 



5. Invest in some quality clothes. 
The initial output may slow you down but if it's a pair of good shoes or nice jeans or good jacket (or glasses in my case, here) and you wear it every day, the price is averaged out and it makes a great buy. For example, I had a pair of jeans that I wore a lot. I wore them till they had holes. Price per wear: pennies. Totally worth the investment. 



6. Mix and match
Don't be afraid to try something new. Play around with combinations in your closet to create new outfits, be inspired by others and then re-create your own version. It doesn't have to be costly or brand name or just like anyone else, it is you and your style. Wear it with confidence. 



7. "Happiest girls are the prettiest." 
Audrey Hepburn said this, she is one of my style inspirations but I appreciate this truth probably more then any outfit she wore. People remember a smile long after they've forgotten what you wore. 


What inspires you?

7 comments:

  1. Fun Breanne! I agree with you, I'm all into clothes helping you with your mood and making a plain day more enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clothes do make such a difference, don't they, Sarah? And they're cute. =)

      Delete
  2. Love love love this!! I may have to borrow or be inspired for it for my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leanne, go for it!! You're such an inspiration to me in fashion and style, I kind of want you to dress me. ;-)

      Delete
    2. I often don't feel too stylish. And have a hard time putting into words. But this is great! :)

      Delete
    3. I'm so glad you liked it!! =) I felt a little silly at first but then thought, hey, we can all use some inspiration!

      Delete
  3. I love little girl clothes, Breanne! It's so fun to dress them and also to let them choose their own sometimes...they come up with some really ingenious ideas sometimes (Abby is really into wearing a frilly skirt under a dress and it sort of had a petticoat effect - very cute!:)

    Glad to have found your blog. I'm over at bouterhappenings.blogspot.com :) See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...