It's November. It's grey and chilly and rainy. Just like November should be. Often seen as a depressing month, it's never been that way to me. It's the time to check out heaps of books from the library, bake cookies, pull out all those projects that you were saving for the winter and stay close to home. In my family, it's always been a month of celebration. We have three birthdays this month. And Jared's family has two. We're celebrating all month long.
My younger sister and I are two years and ten days apart. We're two of the November babies and we have shared a lot of birthday celebrations. Until we got a little older and couldn't decide on the same menu. Actually we just wanted to have our birthdays so we could celebrate twice. We used to wish we were twins and pretended that we were when we shared our birthday celebration.
My birthday is this Sunday. I still get this giddy feeling inside when I think about my day and love all the special things. I see everything on that day as a gift whether it's blue sky and sunshine or snow. I've already received some early birthday gifts and notes and those make me feel so loved. I thought it would be fun, since I am turning (gasp!) twenty-five, to share twenty-five things about me. I really don't feel twenty-five but it normally takes me a little awhile to adjust to my new age. ;-)
So, here you go. 25 things about Breanne.
So, here you go. 25 things about Breanne.
1. I really love just living life. I like to identify myself as a liver of life when that question comes up. I prefer to be seen that way than being defined by what I do. Although I admit to copping out and saying I was studying world history a couple years ago because that generally switched the topic to one I enjoyed.
2. I like dancing in the rain, cheering at fireworks, waving at trains and doing other sometimes-slightly-embarrassing-for-those who-are-with-me things. Apparently I also like using run-on sentences.
3. A mini-Cooper is my dream car. I just can't decide if I want a baby blue one or a red one with white stripes.
4. I've never felt called to raise a large family and it's never been my dream to drive a big van full of kids.
5. I'm a big believer in living in the now rather than always hoping for the next stage, i.e. as a single letting marriage and family consume me, as a mom letting the desire for another child consume my thoughts and conversation.
6. I love the Narnian chronicles.
7. I really like Audrey Hepburn.
8. Simple things thrill me like lamplight in the evenings and a good cuppa tea.
9. I love getting all glammed up for a date with my husband.
10.When I was younger, someone thought my younger brother, my younger sister and I were triplets. We're actually all two years apart but it was a fun five minutes...
11. If I could, I would have a whole closet full of shoes, for every occasion.
12. I'm a bit of a coffee snob.
13. If I were to get another piercing, I would pierce my nose.
14. A lot of people seem to think that pursuing music is Jared's thing and I'm just going along with it but we actually made a decision in New Zealand to pursue music, together. And every decision we make about music is made together.
15. I really love to cook and bake. I get excited about cooking for events that involve lots of people. And I get just as excited making dinner for the two of us.
16. I love being part of a large family and marrying into a large family.
17. I tend to hide behind what I feel people's impressions of me are. If they think I'm cute and sweet, I act cute and sweet. That's my defense tactic when I feel insecure.
18. I really love striving for a healthy lifestyle- eating local, organic produce, grass-fed meat, baby-wearing, natural health remedies etc.
19. I am passionate about God's view of woman and find it very liberating.
20. I love being a mom. It is one of the hardest and yet best things I have done.
21. I love my family fiercely and since I'm married, that includes a lot of people!
22. Jared is the man of my dreams and so much more. I love him with all my heart.
23. I treasure honesty in relationships and strive for transparency in my own life.
24. I really love New Zealand.
25. My ideal afternoon would include a book, a journal, a hot cup of something delicious and a few quiet hours.