Wednesday, September 5, 2012

And We Found a House!


He told me not to fall in love. With the house. I laughed and met the man who would show me around.

I tried to stay calm and ask all those grown up questions one should ask when looking at a potential rental. But inwardly, I was cheering wildly.

A mantle?! Built in bookshelves?! Original , beautiful hardwood, closets by the score (well, almost), the glass handles on each and every door.

Tomas showed me the gardens, the back door, and the garbage bins.
He pointed out that the house was one of Wolfville's original apartment buildings from 1912. The previous tenant was just a few years younger then this house.

It's a short walk to the campus, a pleasant walk to downtown Wolfville and a good long walk to a nearby farm for fresh produce.

We both fell in love. We talked and talked it over and decided to say yes.
It's old. It has character. There's plenty of space for the four of us as well as guests. It has lovely little touches that I hoped for but didn't expect.

Due to circumstances beyond our control, all our stuff won't actually be joining us for several more weeks. I'm very grateful that all those rubbermaids will be making their way out here eventually. We'll be living out of suitcases for a little while longer. At least we can put our library books on the shelves and dream about staging the mantel.

It's home and I love it.


10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a dream. I had the same 'don't fall in love, don't fall in love - nope I'm in love' thing going when we first looked through our house. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in love as soon as I stepped in the front door ;-) We will enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, it sounds perfect!! I can't wait to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love it, can't wait to show you pictures! :-)

      Delete
  3. Hooray! So happy for you! Love the door knobs (as you knew I would).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The door knobs and their keys made me think of you. :-) Happy for you in your new made over home, what a lot of work you guys did!!

      Delete
  4. HUZZAH and WAHOO!! SO excited for you. :-) Don't you just love little details like that to assure you that "this home is JUST for you"? :-) XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's SO fun to have good news to share :-) Each day we're here, I see how perfect it is for us!

      Delete
  5. Oh, I'm so happy for you!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures! I've been thinking about you guys a lot and missing you a ton! We're almost settled here into our new house and it was also a love situationn ( I can echo your sentiment above: Each day we're here, I see how perfect it is for us!!!) so now I'd love to come out and visit yours and LOVE to have you here to visit mine!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, friend....I've been thinking about you too and wondering how you are and how everything is settling for you. So happy for you and your new home!!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...