Wednesday, August 22, 2012

On Moving and Loving



In less then a week we will be boarding a plane. We'll have checked our bags, stashed our carry-ons, and settled in for the flight. 4 hours later, we'll be on the other side of the country. 

A place called Nova Scotia. A place we'll call home. It's already become home to us. It's the constant answer to my two and half old's questions of where, what and why. 

"In Nova Scotia, darling."

The goodbyes are starting to be said. 'Till next time. 

We've been living out of suitcases for a month and half already. Living with my in-laws, traveling for work and pleasure, tying up loose ends. 
We'll be repacking those suitcases come Monday, making sure it all fits within airline regulations. 

There's no checklist for emotions. No list of feelings one must feel when one moves across the country. It's been a roller coaster ride of excitement, anticipation, nervousness, mingled with a little fear of the unknown. 

Tears have been shed. Laughter has filled the air. I've grabbed moments and held them close, memorizing faces and places. 

It's not always easy. This business of packing oneself up and moving. But the hard stuff isn't to be feared, it's all part of the journey. 

And so I embrace it.


4 comments:

  1. Wishing you much joy in your new adventure, my friends. :-) May these last days be so good, happy, and fellowshippy. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart feels so full for you as I'm reading this! I am going to miss you so much, but we'll keep in touch for sure! I am so glad you and Jared moved here for the time you did! I'm so glad I got to meet you in person and grow to love you and your sweet girls! Thank you for your friendship and encouragement and inspiration, I treasure all the memories we managed to make in a pretty short time! Nova Scotia will be a richer place having you and your family! Be blessed!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, I am the richer one. I am SO glad for the time we had together, those memories are very precious to me. We will keep in touch, much love to you, friend!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...