Friday, August 5, 2011

The best of days

Sometimes you're prepared for everything and sometimes you're not. Sometimes the best days happen when they're not planned and you just go with the flow.


It was a bit of a rough night. Two year old molars and hot summer nights. The morning was rushed.


I drove Jared to work, both of us feeling a little drowsy. It was a gorgeous sunny day with blue sky, a rarity this summer. On a whim and a suggestion from Jared, I didn't go home. I let my to-do list and plans go for the day.
We put Kilmeny in the stroller and off we went. 

I sipped a caramel macchiato and watched people in the morning rush at Starbucks. 
I smiled at the other moms with their babies.
I made my way to the parade route and found an empty piece of curb for Kilmeny and I.

We sat. We watched. We laughed. We clapped. 

I tied a balloon onto the stroller and it made us both happy.

Kilmeny fell asleep in the stroller as I walked to the store. 

I bought the items I needed plus a little something for lunch.

I soaked up the warmth and the quiet and knew that this was what I needed. 

I will always have plans, there will always be a list of things to do, there will always be goals to achieve.

But there won't ever be another day like this one. 



Kilmeny's face at the parade captured with the camera on my phone

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...