Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Real Life


My hair is damp from my morning shower. It is now 12:26pm. I drank my morning coffee around 11. We had breakfast before then. 
And my day started before that. My job doesn't require me to be showered, dressed and ready for the day and work  by 8 am.  
I'm not sure when my day started. It was one of those nights. I was up every couple of hours putting a wide awake little girl back to sleep. I will never have coffee at night again. Or was it the chocolate? Maybe the combination. 
I made breakfast and added to the pile of dishes by the sink. From last night's supper. We didn't do them. We opted to curl up on the couch and watch a movie together. After our baby was in bed. 

Her daddy got her dressed while I boiled the water for oatmeal. We didn't do our workout. The 30 day shred isn't a 30 day shred for us. 

But we smiled. We laughed. Her giggles filled the living room as I swung her around. We discussed freedom in Christ and what that means for us as we read part of Galatians and then moved onto modest and humility as we read a portion of Worldiness: Resisting the Seduction of a Fallen World. 

  
The dishes got done. The kitchen is clean and quiet, until I go in there to prepare lunch which is little prep for me. Sweet potato and black bean chili from the freezer and yesterday's banana bread. The violin is being practiced and the baby is sleeping. 

Real life is what happens when you're making plans. I read that quote this week and found it amusingly true. We're just living today as it is. And enjoying it because we can. We're together. We're healthy. We're happy.  And that works for me.

What does real life look at your house? How do you enjoy it?   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...